Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Blessing Dress

 So, I have spent the last few days working on a Blessing dress for my niece Madison. She was born VERY prematurely and actually already had her blessing but I think it's important for every girl to have a blessing dress so I begged my sister to let me make one for her.


 I originally had planned to make it have sleeves with scalloped edges that matched the hem but...I am not talented enough to make such tiny little seams. I tried everything from hand sewing it, to asking the lady at the fabric store. Finally after taking it apart about 15 times, I had to just go sleeveless. 


 I bought a preemie-size onesie to go under it, as well as to help me adjust the pattern to be preemie-size.
 Here is a closeup look at the embroidery around the bottom of the dress.
 Obviously, I have not stitched the sash on yet, I am waiting for my sister to tell me if she, for sure, wants it to be yellow or white. I think it would also be pretty with just the white flowers and no ribbon...
 I made this cute little jacket to go over the dress. Because I used a knit fabric, I was able to make those tiny sleeves.
 
And here is the finished dress. Margaret, I hope you like it and I know little Maddie will be beautiful in it. Thank you so much for letting me do this for you. I don't think you will ever know how much it means to me.

1 comment: